Saturday, June 30, 2012

Testimonial from Buddy Readers

Let's hear what our Buddy Readers have to say.


Jeremy (Age 13):

 I feel like I have actually provided some entertainment to the kids. I learn how to keep the kids focused on what I am reading about, and the different methods of getting them into the story.


    
 

Justin (Age 12):


As a Buddy Reader, I fell really glad because I can help the children who live under the poverty line whom may not have the chance to read such a lot of books and like that it doesn't only benefits the children but also benefits me too, because during the program I can experience how lucky am I to live in family who can affords book. Overall I think this is a really great program.


  


Leah (Age 16):  


The kids were enthusiastic, and a joy to read to. It was wonderful over a period of just a few weeks, to see them become more confident with their reading and understanding of English books, whilst still having fun.



Ada (Age 21):

 I enjoy Buddy Reading since I love interacting with children and I can really feel that they like reading after joining the program. I know I have given back to the community, and I have made someone smile. I feel good to have made a difference in someone’s life as a Buddy Reader.






Amber (Age 14):

Buddy reading teaches us that there is always something that we can do. We all ask ourselves, what can I do to make a difference? The answer is using our English education to the fullest. Since we are so privileged, we have the opportunity to read through countless of English books that bring us pure joy therefore the low-income children should have the opportunity to read with joy as well. With the development of the Buddy Reading Program, we can engage more students and continue changing lives of many children.






Priyanka (Age 20):

It was a great experience teaching and reading to kids english stories. It felt really good to actually do something for the welfare of community and try to help the kids to gain more interest towards english language through illustrating and narrating stories to them. It is a very well organized event with very helpful and passionate organizers and team members who were very committed and diligent about their work. Hence it was a great time that I spent during performing the service and it was lot of fun.



Thank you all our lovely volunteers! Together we can make a big difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment